The Creative’s Workspace. Shawn Blanc’s tips on creating a pleasant environment and effective habits for working from home.
The worst assumption I could make would be that I have it all together. That I have it all worked out and never have to change my lifestyle, habits, or work routines.
Living proof that focus and diligence are moving targets by Shawn Blanc.
Diligence isn’t a personality type, it’s a skill we learn.
Spent the evening with my Kindle, a few cups of tea, and my most recent items from Instapaper. The highlights of my reading list for the night:
- The History, and Future, of Web Protest – Anil Dash
- The next SOPA – Marco Arment
- A Word to the Resourceful – Paul Graham
- How I Test Ideas – Shawn Blanc
- The Greatest Running Shoe Never Sold – Bob Parks
- The Boy Who Heard Too Much – David Kushner
- A completely arbitrary list of takeaways from two unconferences – Matt Waite
Evangelism is word-of-mouth marketing. It’s the best kind of marketing because it’s honest and personal. We don’t pay attention to television commercials and magazine ads because we don’t trust them. We do, however, trust our friends recommending something to us.
And so, companies want their customers to tell their friends about the product. But try as you may, you can’t force people to talk about your product, which means that the next best thing is to try and get people to at least use it.
Shawn Blanc – You Can’t Buy Word of Mouth.